If you are the father of a daughter. So you must take this plan. This is a government scheme. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a savings scheme supported by the Government of India keeping in mind the parents of the girl child. Under this scheme, parents are encouraged to create a fund for the future education and marriage expenses of the girl child.
This scheme was started by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2015. This scheme is only for girls.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a small savings scheme of the Central Government which has been launched under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme.
Sukanya is the best interest rate scheme in the list of small savings schemes. In this account can be opened with just Rs.250. This means that even if you save 1 rupee a day, you can still take advantage of this scheme.
Make sure to deposit at least Rs 250 in any one financial year. Note that no more than Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited in a SSY account in a single financial year or multiple times.
Read Also : 25 Stock Market Terms for Beginners
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account is opened in the name of the girl child only.
- This account can be maintained by a parent or other legal guardian.
- For Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, the age of the daughter should be less than 10 years. If his age exceeds this, then this account cannot be opened.
- The documents required to open Sukanya Samriddhi account should be his birth certificate and identity card of the guardian and address proof and other documents.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme 2021, you can deposit from ₹ 1 thousand to 1 lakh 50 thousand rupees per year in it.
- Interest of 2 percent is provided on Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme.
- This scheme has been made tax free in the budget.
- The period of Sukanya Samriddhi is only 21 years from the date of account opening.
- Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, you can spend these deposited money only on the marriage or education of the girl child.
- According to the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, the account is closed on the death of the daughter, then all these rupees are returned to the parents or other guardians of the daughter.
Read Also : Lump Sum Investment in Mutual Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana gives economic strength to girls and fulfills the purpose of women empowerment.
- Up to 50% of the amount can be taken as partial withdrawal after the girl child attains the age of 18 for higher education or marriage expenses.
- Under this scheme, they will get 2 percent interest rate and which will help in increasing their deposited money.
- Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, a separate passbook will be provided to the girl, in which the full account of the money deposited and withdrawn is given, the name of the girl, the name of the parents of the girl, the date and date.
child’s birth certificate
- Address proof
- ID proof
Read Also : What Is a Mutual Fund and How Does It Work
- In this, a list of 28 banks has been provided, so that any customer can take advantage of this scheme. In this, click on the home page of the official site of the bank, as soon as you go to the home page, a link has been given in it on which By clicking, you can go to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana page.
- Then you have to register yourself in it. As soon as the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana page is reached, after that, you have to click on Get the Registration or Get Application. By filling this form, your resident proof, parent’s identity card, and child’s identity card and birth certificate are required.
- It is necessary to have the authenticity of the information given in this, the work of obtaining the correct information about the authenticity is done by the authorized bank. For this, PAN card, Aadhar card and official documents have to be submitted.
- After that click on “Submit” to submit the application form. After submitting the application, we can activate the account by depositing the first amount in the bank account, this can be done easily with the help of netbanking.
- When the account is opened, money has to be deposited in it. Whenever money is deposited in the account, then the information is given by the bank through SMS. All the information related to this account is provided through the message.
Read For More Details : Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
You can open such an account for a maximum of two girls.
You can also open 3 Sukanya Samriddhi accounts under certain circumstances:
- If you have twin daughters after having your first daughter, then you can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account for all the three daughters.
- Even if you have three daughters together for the first time, you can still open an account for all three daughters.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Tax benefits Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits of up to Rs.1.5 lakh are provided for contributions made towards the scheme.
The interest amount that is generated is also exempt from tax. Tax benefits are also provided for the maturity amount or the withdrawal amount.
Now Sukanya accounts are expected to continue giving slightly higher returns (around 50 basis points) than PPF due to the social angle of the SSY scheme. Currently, SSY offers 7.6 percent while PPF offers 7.1 percent. So when it comes to interest, SSY is better.
Currently, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest rate is 7.6% compounded annually. The account can be opened by the parent of the girl child below the age of 10 years.
The scheme tenure is of 21 years till or unit the girl gets married after the age of 18 years.
The Public Provident Fund (PPF) scheme and the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme are both backed by the Government of India. Therefore, any contributions made towards the scheme are safe and secure.
The minimum annual contribution to the Sukanya Samriddhi Account is Rs. 250 and the maximum contribution is Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year. You have to invest at least the minimum amount every year for up to 15 years from the date of account opening.
The interest rate of this scheme in 2018 is 8.1%. At this rate, when the girl child turns 21, she will get Rs 5,27,036.
Similarly, on depositing 500 per month, you will get Rs 2 lakh 38 thousand. On maturity of the account after 21 years, it will be paid to the girl in whose name the account has been opened.
Read Also : Basic Knowledge of Share Market
For Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, you can go to any bank or post office and open an account in the name of your daughter. The account can be continued till 21 years after opening or till the daughter gets married after 18 years.
When can I withdraw money? When the daughter turns 18 years old, up to 50 percent of the amount can be withdrawn from the Sukanya Samriddhi account for her higher education.
Sukanya Samriddhi account can be deposited for 15 years from the date of opening. In the case of a 9-year-old daughter, the money can be deposited till she turns 24.
The maximum age limit for opening Sukanya Samriddhi Account is 10 years. That is, you can open this account for your girl child from her birth till before the 10th birthday.
For example, if your girl child was born on 1st October 2015, then you can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in her name till 30th September 2025.
Read Also : What Is Share Market